Dropdown is one of the most classic UI elements in web design.
Its history can be traced back to the last century and has been popular today.
Even in today’s mobile-first web development, dropdown is still an indispensable UI element.
In today’s post, you will find the 10 best Dropdown components to help you create user-friendly and mobile-compatible dropdown lists or dropdown menus on modern React and React Native applications. Have fun.
Originally Published July 14 2020, updated Feb 20 2023
Table Of Contents:
Best React Dropdown Components:
A collection of primitive components that you can compose together to create a simple, flexible, WAI-ARIA compliant React autocomplete/dropdown/select/combobox component which you can reuse in your application.
An accessible and keyboard-friendly React menu library.
- React menu components for easy and fast web development.
- Unlimited levels of submenu.
- Supports dropdown or context menu.
- Supports radio and checkbox menu items.
- Flexible menu positioning.
- Comprehensive keyboard interactions.
- Unstyled components and easy customisation.
- Optimal level support (level 3) of React 18 concurrent rendering.
- Works in major browsers without polyfills.
- WAI-ARIA Authoring Practices compliant.
3. Simple Dropdown Component For React
Simple Dropdown component for React that helps you style the default HTML select element with support for grouped options.
4. Lightweight Dropdown Select Component For React – select-search
select-search is a lightweight, accessible, headless select component with support for groups, live search, multi select, async loading, and much more.
5. Dropdown Tree Select Component For React
A lightweight and fast control to render a select component that can display hierarchical tree data. In addition, the control shows the selection in pills and allows user to search the options for quick filtering and selection.
Best React Native Dropdown Components:
1. React Native Picker Select Component
A Picker component for React Native which emulates the native
<select> interfaces for iOS and Android.
2. React Native Modal Dropdown
A react-native dropdown/picker/selector component for both Android & iOS.
3. React Native Dropdown Picker
A single/multiple, categorizable, customizable, localizable, and searchable item picker (drop-down) component for react native, which supports both Android & iOS.
A React Native dropdown component easy to customize for both iOS and Android. Customizable font size, colors and animation duration.
A highly customized dropdown | select | picker | menu for react native that works for Android and iOS platforms.
There’re lots of web & mobile dropdown libraries out there and you can find more React & React Native resources about dropdown on our Dropdown category.